1 pre-baked pie shell
2 c. milk
2 egg yolks
1 c. sugar
4 Tbsp. cocoa
1/4 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tsp. cornstarch, mixed with enough water to create pourable liquid
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Mix together egg yolks, sugar, cocoa, and salt.
2. Over low heat, warm milk in a sauce pan. (Do not let it boil.)
3. Add egg mixture to the warmed milk. Stir.
4. Add cornstarch mixture.
5. Stir until mixture starts to thicken.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Add vanilla. Combine.
8. Let cool 5 minutes. Pour into baked pie shell.
9. Let sit until completely cooled.
10. Top with cool whip, or not.