1 c. scalding milk
1/3 c shortening, melted
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. hot water
1 pkg. active yeast
3 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. salt
1. Mix sugar, hot water, and yeast together in a mixing bowl. Let sit 7 – 10 minutes.
2. After yeast mixture has sat, add milk, egg, and melted shortening. Mix well.
3. Add flour and salt.
4. Mix until thoroughly combined.
5. Knead dough for a few minutes and form into a ball.
6. Cover with plastic wrap and a towel to let rise until double in size.
7. Punch down. Form dough into 2-inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet. (Makes 14 – 20 rolls, depending on size.)
8. Let rise until double in size.
9. Bake at 350° for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
PERFECT for Thanksgiving or Hanukkah dinner and leftovers!